We introduced the players to a 7 minute workout they could do on their own in the driveway, at a playground or in the gym. Players will need a basketball, timer, three cones (or equivalent) and two chairs (or equivalent).
If you don’t have chairs to place outside, place some trash cans that you can sit the basketball on for the curl shooting portion. If you don’t have cones, put anything on the ground to serve as your target for the W-Out layups, attack pull ups, catch and shoot 3’s, etc.
The player will perform each skill for the designated time. Each rep will earn a point(s) as referenced. At the end of the 7 minutes, the player will earn a score. We encourage the players to keep a journal / record of their scores.
- Pound and Cross – 30 seconds (1 pt for each rep)
- Pound and Between Legs – 30 seconds (1 pt for each rep)
- W-Out Layups – 1 minute (1 pt for each made layup)
- Two Free Throws – 30 seconds (1 pt for each made shot)
- Chair Curls – 1 minute (2 pts for each made shot)
- Attack to Pull Ups – 1 minute (2 pts for each made shot)
- Catch and Shoot 3’s – 1 minute (3 pts for each made shot)
- Size up 3’s – 1 minute (3 pts for each made shot)
- Free Throws – 30 seconds (3 pts for each made FT)
* If you scored 170 or higher, you have Elite-level PG skills
* If you scored between 145 –170, you have Intermediate-level PG skills
* If you scored less than 145, KEEP WORKING!